Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Advent Candles and Christmas Scriptures

I am really behind in my blogging but wanted to get in a post on Advent candles.  I have been so inspired by all of the different ways people celebrate Advent, some simple, some elaborate.  I made this one last year and think I will use it again this year.  The pedestal is from Pottery Barn, the candles and candle holder and moss are from Hobby Lobby, the pinecones are from my Kmart Martha Stewart stash that I have had for years.  I am thinking of changing it up a bit this year and maybe adding some twigs or twine or burlap or something to make it a little more rustic…not sure yet.  We light the candles each Sunday night in December.  I have a little printout that has a scripture and a description of each candle that I read before lighting.  The middle candle is the Christmas Eve candle.



I found these cute printable verses here and printed them on cream colored card stock.  I love that there is a verse for each day in December.  I found a handy little container to put them.  I keep them on the kitchen table in front of the advent and my oldest daughter reads one every night.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie! Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog. :-) I adore you table setting with the Advent Candles! Beautiful! Looks like we both enjoy things of yesteryears!

    ReplyDelete