Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Monday Mommy Quotes

I am late on my Monday post so here it is instead on Wednesday!!

I hope that I am giving credit to the right person for this quote.  I copied it several years ago so here's hoping I am right.  I believe it was by L. Elizabeth Krueger from Raising Godly Tomatoes:

"Life is often "hectic" around here, but my kids come first so I just have to practice saying 'no" to outside activities and anything optional that would prevent me from staying "connected" with my kids.

On a daily basis though, I work to maintain the habit of always being "available" to my children.  That means, that if they come to me for just about anything at just about anytime, I STOP WHAT I AM DOING AND GIVE THEM THE TIME AND ATTENTION THEY WANT AND NEED.  I make a conscious effort to never brush them off, whether it's a 5 year old who wants to show me his latest Lego creation, or a 20 year old who wants to chat about this day at work."

No comments:

Post a Comment