Monday, October 28, 2013

Our upcoming week….

This week on the Homeschool docket...we are going to be learning about Paul Revere because that is who Tony will be dressing up as for Halloween.  Those of you who know me very well know that------I hate, despise, deplore, Halloween.  I don't believe as a Christian I should celebrate it and I feel very guilty when I do...BUT, my husband isn't there yet with me so I try to at least make the kids dress up in something non offensive. So historical characters seemed like a good compromise and give us an excuse to research and learn about the person they are dressing up as!  Mikayla is going as a Colonial Girl.


Editor's note:   The word "damn" is said by a soldier to Paul Revere but there are no pages numbers so I can't tell you what page it is on.

Mikayla is continuing her Apologia studies on the Solar System and in particular, the Sun.  As an addition to Apologia we are reading The Sun by Elaine Landau.  Of course we will be working on the usual copy work, math, reading, etc.



Editor's note:  This is NOT written from a Christian perspective so beware, most of the facts seem accurate and overall I really like this book except for the whole 500 billion years, blah blah blah….

We have a busy week starting tonight with my Acorn Garden Club meeting, Tuesday is Horse and Reader, Wednesday is AWANA which will be at the local Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Thursday is well, you know…Friday I have the Grout Doctor coming over to give us an estimate for cleaning and sealing our floor tile and later that day we will be taking our daughter up to a local campground to stay with my in-laws overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment